Tuesday 21 August 2012

Thorn In The House

Game Of Thornes : Thorn from Slasher House
As I write this we are mere days away from having a completed version of our film Slasher House, which for the uninformed out there, is Mycho's first Feature outing to feature the masked killer Thorn. The reason for this post is really to talk about the character in regards to the SH franchise. Thorn was a great choice for the film and strangely wasn't in the first line up, it was only at the very late stages of development that I decided to add him to the roster, Before then I had planned to go and do a Thorn solo movie the year after we finished Slasher House.

Adding Thorn to the film, for me, added a familiarity that made the whole world seem bigger, which of course opened it up to ask the question. What is outside the house? What kind of world do these characters come from? And how did they get there in the first place?

I have been bearing all of this in mind during what has become a two year process of editing, sound mixing and coloring on Slasher House. But Thorn has remained a favorite of mine throughout and I made sure that the door was left open for him. Which in some regards is moot, as our movie takes place during the events that lead up to Slasher House. But still when it comes to Thorn I always like to keep my options open.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment